Letter To My Future Self

Letter To Future Self In Twenty Years

Hey there buddy, how are you doing? Did you finally get on the right track? I know you are still doing the film, that was always your passion. I’m sure you are working with a camera or some footage right now, making an Oscar worthy film that people will be talking about for decades. I really hope you finally got that greyhound you always wanted, maybe even two or three of them to keep you some company. I’m gonna laugh if you never made that Youtube channel that you had been debating about for years, but by now I'm sure there is much more high tech technology you can get your hands on. Speaking of technology, please tell me you finally made that lightsaber you were so hyped about, the Graflex, Anakin’s of course just like your nickname. I bet you that sound of the blade igniting still gets to you, Star Wars will forever be the best. On a more serious note, are you happy? Did you get married, have kids? I really hope our future is bright, and full of immense creativity instead of a complete disaster just like 2020 was. I know Eric would be proud, and Bear and whoever else has joined them by now. I want and hope for nothing but love and success for ourselves, no matter what hardships you end up going through. I hope it gets better, I’ve been having such a hard time staying afloat recently, but I feel like it’s gonna be okay. Quick question? Do people still have to come out? Or can we finally be at peace from this awful discrimination? I want you to be whoever you want to be sir, coming out is pointless. Date who you wanna date, be who you wanna be. However, please tell me you are still a vegetarian and taking care of yourself, I was so proud of myself for staying healthy this far I hope you don’t let us down, keep the little hipster punk self in you alive. I also really hope those migraines and joint pain finally went away, and that the dysphoria isn’t too bad anymore, I know it sucks every day. I know you are still strong, smart, funny, and determined, even if you are getting older. I hope you lived your best life, and keep living it, and don’t let anyone get in your way. 

This was a letter written to my future self that I am going to use in order to create the final Calligram project ontop of a selfie of my face. This letter also really helped me put my life into perspective not only for how much I have grown, but how much more growing I still have left. 


Comments

Popular Posts